about me

Sunday, November 28, 2010

celeb style: emma watson rocks my world

warning: this is a loooong post.  & you've probably already seen most of the pictures over and over again.  i apologize, but i wanted to compile them all together for myself :)


"i think it's so much sexier to be understated.  it's more intriguing to be sexy in a less obvious way."
  
"Playing Hermione just came so naturally; I had a real affinity for her.  I felt like I knew exactly who she was. Like me, she's very loyal and determined, she's very intelligent, and she has a lot of guy friends, as I do. Her eagerness to please and to have the right answer is definitely like me. I'm a perfectionist, so my bossiness definitely comes out."


"I love fashion. I think it's so important, because it's how you show yourself to the world."


“I have Hermione to thank, in a weird way, for my sense of style.  Playing this role, fashion was my way of expressing myself away from that school uniform. When I got the chance to dress myself, I was so thrilled to be able to be Emma and show a different side of myself."


"fashion was my rebellion."


 "I love that she [Hermione] has an opinion, that she’s intelligent, that she also has a heart."


“I love being the bossy girl, it’s great.”


"I hope my head doesn't get very big. I'm just going to keep my feet on the ground, stick to friends and family and try and lead a normal life."


"I could never really imagine myself doing one thing, and I’m pretty sure that I’ll end up doing four or five things. I want to be a Renaissance woman. I want to paint, and I want to write, and I want to act, and I want to just do everything."
 
after this massive array of pictures and quotation, i think it goes without saying that i love emma watson.  and hermoine granger [yes, i realize she is a fictional character -- but she is real to me].  as a focused yet free-spirited, perfectionist with an eye for classic fashion and desire to master a variety of skills/careers, i feel a kindred connection to miss watson.  i think of her as my little sister [yes, i realize that is a little strange/stalkerish sounding -- but i refuse to retract].

dear emma,
thank you for 7 films, numerous photoshoots, & even more interesting interviews.
i wish you the best in all your endeavors
but please don't fall off the map completely, i would miss you.
all my admiration & respect,
kait

photo creds: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17

1 comment: