about me

Monday, November 29, 2010

reblog: music monday: almost lover

i just had to share this post over at the runaway romantique - it is one of my favorite songs & the sweet blogger posted not only the music video, but also some beautiful pictures of its singer, alison sudol [aka A Fine Frenzy].  my fave image:


this song has soo much meaning to me - i can't even put it into words.  it is more than just reminiscent of my past almost lovers, but also a shared song with my ginger best friend/soulmate whom i miss dearly.  & as much as i love alison sudol, i can still close my eyes & hear my bestie singing this song & playing the soft notes on her piano & then we sit in silence & hold hands & cry.  [ohh i miss her so]

& my fave line:
So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
Should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do...

as the dear runaway romantique puts it, "this song is the nostalgia of wounds that eventually heal and leave a bittersweet scar in its place."

sooo true. 

visit & listen & enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,sweetheart Kaite:-)*

    Thank you so very much for you visiting and you lovely,lovely comment!

    Much Love and hugs,
    ***Violetta***

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you liked my post and what an honor it is for me that you re-posted this :) I hope you'll see your bestie again soon!

    - the runaway

    ReplyDelete