the past couple days i've stumped across a couple simple but totally awesome campaigns sponsored by some sweet bloggers. i'd be remiss if i didn't share these great opportunities to spread kindness with my own sweet followers and visitors. i'd like to continue finding similar opportunities and will keep you all updated as i join, but for now, here are the two i'd like to highlight: the kind hearted blogger pledge & operation nice. i've been feeling worthless being unable to change the world in times of such global and national destruction, but i know that i can do little things like these. and who knows - maybe it will impact someone. even just one person and i'd be ecstatic.
~ the kind hearted blogger pledge ~
found this lovely campaign on my newest blog read, dot...in the city (which, btw, has one of the cutest blog headers/tabs i've seen in a while). but anyways, back to this campaign . . .
i.love.this. simple as that.
the theory behind this campaign is that as bloggers, we can simultaneously express our opinions (on design, fashion, even controversial subjects), while still remaining respectful of others, kind to all, and positive in the face of diversity. read: exactly my beliefs.
*just read the pledge*
AS A KIND-HEARTED BLOGGER I PLEDGE TO:
- create, inspire, and admire rather than compete with fellow bloggers
- be understanding of each other-- in the blogging community, as well as in the world
- stay away from internet/blogging bullying
- speak my opinion freely, while still being mindful of other's feelings-- be tactful.
- make an effort--no matter how big or small the gesture, to spread kindness or joy to others
- acknowledge that I will make mistakes, (I am only human) but remember to learn from them
- know that at times I will post about the negative stuff in life, and maybe even some complaining (I am only human) but I will always follow up with something happy/positive too.
- believe that this world is a good place, filled with good people.
needless to say, i joined instantly - see the button on my sidebar!
& you can join too!
head on over to the blog em jay and me to agree to the (easy to follow!) kindness terms, grab a button to spread the word, and add your blog to the list of like-minded bloggers.
i've made the pledge. will you?
~ operation nice ~
more kindness efforts!
another simple campaign: be nice. not just in blogging, but always.
okay, i'm game!
read this from the "about" link on the site... & fall in love:
Operation NICE encourages individuals to be proactively nice.
Stop by to read some positive, upbeat news stories (yes, they exist) about nice people and stories from real people about how kindness affected them. Learn about some wonderful campaigns out there that are promoting kindness. Download some tools to help you in your quest to communicate the concept of niceness. Share a story or two about how someone made your day.
It is not true that nice guys finish last. Nice guys are winners before the game ever starts.
- Addison Walker
i've joined operation nice. will you?
so that's it... for now!