about me

Monday, June 14, 2010

design: exposed brick

i've always been fairly uncertain about exposed brick in interior design, and especially in the bedroom - it can have a fun, urban look, perfect for a downtown loft.  as fun as city-chic lofts are, i tend to lean towards the shabby-chic-in-a-cottage look.  rooms that intrigue me are usually described with words like : classic, quirky, cozy.  . . . and those are room that typically don't have exposed brick.  so imagine my surprise and happiness when i came across a decorated room that meshes brick and my cottage-y style -- it even has a killer chandelier!!

take a look:

thanks much to beth dotolo of Nest Interior Design --- for showing me that exposed brick can work in a bedroom and still have a soft and feminine feel!  see more exposed brick rooms here.

No comments:

Post a Comment